From September 2012, Apollonia House will be offering patients Remedial Massage Therapy. Appointments will be available Monday to Saturday.
Vicky Griffiths is our resident Remedial Massage Therapist. Vicky trained at the acclaimed Northern Institute of Massage and is a member of the National Association of Massage & Manipulative Therapists.
Remedial massage involves the manipulation of the soft tissues of the body with the hands – using a variety of techniques and pressures that can warm, tone, stretch, relax and release tension. It is a comprehensive and completely natural treatment which aids the body’s own healing process.
There can be many benefits of remedial massage as it affects many systems of the body:
- Muscles are relaxed, toned and strengthened
- Blood circulation is improved
- Joint function can help mobility and flexibility
- The lymphatic system is stimulated which helps to flush out toxins
- Aches and pains in muscles and joints can be relieved
- The nervous system can be soothed or stimulated
- Digestion can be improved
- Massage can help prevent injury and improve sports performance
- Massage can invoke a general feeling of well-being and promotes relaxation
Many conditions including stress related disorders, lower back pain, neck and shoulder tension, sports and accidental injuries, plantar fascilitis and arthiritis, to name a few, can benefit from massage therapy.
A healthy body is one which can move freely and easily….freedom of movement requires good healthy muscles.
For more information see the website treatment page or contact us at the practice.